✨SIXTEEN✨ Henley, watching you grow into the young woman you are becoming has been one of the greatest joys of my life. You’ve faced more in sixteen years than many do in a lifetime, and yet you’ve walked through every trial with such quiet strength, grace, and faith. I’m so proud of how deeply you’re seeking the Lord your consistency in His Word, your heart for truth, and your quiet determination inspire me every day. I love seeing you step out of your comfort zone, like playing soccer this year, proof that your courage is stronger than your fear. You are beautiful, inside and out, and I have no doubt that God’s plans for you are powerful and full of purpose. Keep trusting Him, sweet girl. He’s writing a story through your life that will touch hearts and bring light to others. We love you!
Today Adam and I have been married for 21 Years. Like I often do, I sat during my prayer time and cried out to the Lord in thankfulness for all of the ways that He has orchestrated my life into what it has become. I could have never imagined the the beauty that came from what felt like absolute ashes when a previous relationship fell apart. But God did. He saw every bit of it. He knew the kind of partner I would need to navigate lifes challenges, and I am so thankful. No one is perfect in this marriage, and we are still both a work in progress. We are both working to daily lay things before Him and walk on the path He puts in front of us with obidence. But, I would choose Adam time and time again. Last weekend I wrote Adam a letter to be shared with him at his Radical Mentorship Retreat. He has spent the past year in close community with two of our Elders at Church (Darrin Saffel and Donny Vaughn) as well as some other men. I am sharing this letter here because I want it to always be...
Our day took an unexpected and heartbreaking turn. Today, the coolest cat we’ve ever known, our sweet Pepper—crossed the rainbow bridge. Cancer. We’re devastated. None of us were ready to say goodbye to our girl. From the moment we saw her, she earned the nickname “Dr. Pepper”. We just happened to be walking through a PetSmart and they had local kitties for adoption through a local foster organization. All the kitties were sleeping peacefully on the other side of their windows. Zane began to cry for some reason in the store and this adorable black and white cat woke up from her nap and began scratching on the glass as if she was trying to get to Zane to help him. All the other cats stayed asleep but Pepper was insistent. We came back another time the following week and the same thing happened. This time I believe it was Henley that was upset and Pepper did the SAME thing at the glass. It was like she knew, that we were her people and she belonged with us. We took her home and from da...
Comments